- We are looking for Accountants to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
- Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping, file management and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
- Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we are compliant with all tax regulations.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Must be able to consolidate financial items of two or more entities into one.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Tally ERP
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Applicants must be Chartered Accountants
- Experience in an audit firm or as an auditor is a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEBT RECOVERY OFFICER
The Debt Collection Officer is responsible for providing support to the organization with particular emphasis on the collection of rent, service charges and management of finance.
The position liaises directly with tenants, issues invoices /notices, negotiate on outstanding payments and where necessary initiates recovery action.
The Debt Collection Officer is responsible for the administration and implementation of the debt recovery process.
Support the tenancy administration system with a particular emphasis on collection of rent and service charge.
Ensuring accounts, invoices, notices and statements are generated, issued and/or administered on time and consistent with legislative and audit requirements
Directly liaising /corresponding with a range of tenants on Departmental policy, payments and financial reporting requirements
Minimizing tenant’s response times by issuing reminder notices and tenant statements and monitoring collection of debts in a timely manner
Negotiating with tenants on arrangements regarding payments and making recommendations to management
Contribute to the achievement of team and organisational objectives
Contact debtors by telephone, letter, or email, to agree debt recovery plans and follow up as appropriate
Reviewing documentation (all aspects of contract) to assess liability, identify contract issues and judge recoverability
Researching laws and procedures to provide written advice to the management.
Maintain statistics on recoveries.
Qualifications and Requirements:
BSc / HND in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Statistics and other related field
A minimum of Second Class Lower (BSc) or Lower Credit (HND)
2-3 years experience in debt recovery in a financial or a real estate sector.
Strong planning and organisational skills
Good time management
Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and an excellent telephone manner
Appropriately assertive manner to deal with tenants
Proactive and ability to take initiative
Able to work within a team as well as independently
Able to handle pressure and tight deadlines
Natural ability to interact with people from various backgrounds and various levels.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com use “Debt Recovery Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Plan, assess, monitor, and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial resources in a manner consistent with the agreed procedures and objectives of the bank.
Review and consolidate Bank Reconciliation and Fund Management analysis.
Prepare and analyze Cash flow.
Review and consolidate Multi-level GL and bank reconciliations.
Ensure the maintenance of an adequate level of working capital.
Review and consolidate weekly cash flow & liquidity report and provide advice to management on the variances.
Carrying out reconciliation of Balance Sheet items such as cash, cash equivalents, investments, debt, for management and reporting purposes.
Review other Treasury related monthly Schedules.
Financial review of customer accounts, loan computation and other finance information.
Processing and preparation of pension, payee and other regulatory and compliance monthly renditions.
Analyze and present financial trends, competitor behavior as they impact on the bank.
Regulatory compliance: Work with legal counsel and other parties to ensure compliance to mitigate legal risk on regulatory matters
Develop and monitor performance metrics for the investor relations function
Creates presentations, press releases, and other communication materials for earnings releases, industry events, and presentations to analysts, brokers, and investors.
Laison and communication with the regulatory bodies such as the CBN, NDIC, FIRS, LIRS for 100% compliance at all times
Assess and predict financial risks and returns.
Ability to use financial modelling to predict outcomes.
Analyze business operations, loan repayments, deposit maturities, business trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or & to provide advice.
Financial statement: Review, analyze and prepare final statement for both internal and external purposes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
A B.Sc in Business, Finance, Accounting or any related field
At least 3 years of work experience as a credit analyst in the Microfinance sector
Excellent analytical and excel skills
Must be able to performance in a high-pressured environment and meet up with set deadlines
Deadline: August 20, 2021
- Category : Local Jobs
- Qualification(s) Required : HND, B.Sc., M.Sc.
- Job Type : Full Time
- Industry : Consulting
- Role / Designation : Accountant /Debt Recovery Officer /Finance Supervisor
- Educational Specialization : Others
- Skills : Accountant, Debt Recovery Officer, Finance Supervisor
- Job for Accountant
- Job for Debt Recovery Officer
- Job for Finance Supervisor